At Welton St Mary’s, 12 new Year 6 House Captains have been elected. All candidates delivered a speech with each house holding a democratic vote, enabling every child in the school to have a voice.
Some of their roles and responsibilities will include:
- To be a role model in terms of attitude, attendance, behaviour, manners and appearance to all members of the house
- To work with the school leadership team to help achieve our school vision
- To inspire, advise and support younger pupils in their house
- To show visitors around our school
- To present the termly hot chocolate awards to pupils in collective worship
- To help supervise and lead house activities
- To collect, monitor and announce house points on a termly basis
Our House Captains wanted to introduce themselves to our school community. Find out a bit more about them below:
I am Freddie and I am 10. My hobbies are sports, watching football and gaming/Pokémon. My name is Mollie and I am 11 years old. My hobbies are dancing, playing Minecraft and drawing. We hope to bring to the table great ideas, leadership skills, the ability to talk to younger people and confidence when talking out loud.
My name is Niamh and I am one of the new Brayford House Captains. I was elected for this role because I am excellent at writing speeches and a confident speaker. One of my hobbies is singing and because of this, in year 2, I joined the Cathedral choir as a chorister. My name is Scarlett and I am the other Brayford House Captain. I got elected for this position because I am a confident speaker as well as being comfortable being around and supporting younger children. My favourite hobby is dancing and performing on stage.
My name is Finlay. I am good at sports; I like playing football, running, sprinting and biking. I have good leadership skills. I think it is important not to be bossy and I try listen to others to try and make our school better. I will try to be the best Castle role model that I can be. I love to read books too! My name is Isabella and I am the House Captain of Castle. I enjoy sports including running, gymnastics and swimming. I go to musical theatre too. My favourite subjects in school are maths, art and P.E.
My name is Max and I am 11 in December. I like art and R.E and I am kind as well as being a confident speaker. I am Amber. I am 11 in July and I like art and baking. I am considerate and responsible, which are two key qualities required for this role.
My name is Thomas and I am 10 years old. I enjoy football, gaming and spending time chatting with friends. I am Sienna and I am 11. I enjoy spending my time playing football, creating art and acting.
My name is Alissa and I will turn 11 in April. I love playing with my friends and I am kind and responsible, which are two of our three very important school rules. My name is Isaac. My strengths in school are English and PE. I am a sporty person and my favourite sport is football. I’m House Captain of Stonebow and along with Alissa, I will try to help the school in every way possible.
As House Captains we all hope that we will help students to care learn and thrive together.
Update from Term 1
This term the House Captains have been voted in and have already achieved so much in their new role. They have:
- Led their own school tours to some of our school governors having been trained up by Mr Durkan. They are now ready to lead their own tours of our school to any visitors that would like one.
- Introduced themselves to our school community on our website and in our newsletter.
- Served our hot chocolates to say thank you to this term’s Hot Chocolate Tuesday winners. These are children that have gone above and beyond in all areas throughout the whole term.
- Sorted and counted this term’s house points and shared the results with our school on the last day of term.
- Helped lead our inter-house sports morning, which consisted of football, netball, gym and circuit activities.
- Produced some information about their house to share with visitors to our website.
Next term (amongst many other tasks!) they will be attending some of our Senior Leadership Meetings on Monday evenings to help the leadership team look at books across the school so that we can continue to move forward as a school. They will also be sharing their ideas for house events so that we can then map these events out across the year.
Term 1 House Points Results