Teaching Assistant, fixed term (initially for one year)
1:1 Teaching Assistant, fixed term (initially for one year) 32.5 hours a week, 39 weeks a year, Monday – Friday
Salary Scale G3 (6-9) £18,562 to £19,698 (pro rata)
Start Date – 1st September 2021
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and conscientious teaching assistant who will be able to support the learning and personal development of the pupil with whom they are working to enable the pupils to make the best use of the educational opportunities available to them. This role is crucial to ensuring the curriculum is personalised to the individual needs of the child. The successful candidate must be able to use their own initiative and work as a member of a team. There is also the possibility of some HLTA hours and supply work.
We are looking for someone who
• is caring, enthusiastic and creative
• has excellent communication and team working skills
• is able to promote social and personal development
• is confident in supporting phonics
• is committed to encouraging a child with specific needs to reach their potential
• is able to foster excellent working relationships with the children they are working with
• is committed to developing their own skills
• is committed to delivering high quality support and intervention work
• is able to prepare and adapt resources and teaching materials
• has good literacy and numeracy skills(GCSE or equivalent) and NVQ 2 (or equivalent)
and has consistently high expectations of pupil behaviour and achievement.
The role may change over time. All Teaching Assistants can be deployed at the headteacher’s discretion in order to meet pupil needs so long as the request is reasonable.
In return we will offer you a supportive and strong team, opportunities for professional development, enthusiastic and dedicated pupils, supportive parents, leadership team and governors in a popular, happy and successful village school. We take pride in our church school ethos; we value and celebrate the achievements of every child in our care.
This position will be a fixed term 1:1 contract until August 31st 2022. The contract may end sooner should there be any changes regarding the Health Care Plan or the child leaves the school before this date.
Application forms and further details are available to download below. Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone or email enquiries are welcomed, as are preliminary visits by arrangement.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 13th July 2021 Interviews will be held on Monday 19th July 2021
Welton St Mary’s Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS. References will be taken prior to interview.